Re: PROV-ISSUE-311 (clarify-optionals): Clarify optional arguments in DM [prov-dm]

From: James Cheney <jcheney@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:43:52 +0100
Cc: public-prov-wg@w3.org, Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
To: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Hi,

I have been working on the optional arguments in part 2, and I am still not sure what to write baed on what is in part 1 now.  I am trying to formulate a proposal to see if I am on the right track.  So I think this should be kept open for now (maybe it should be reassigned to prov-dm-constraints).

--James

On Apr 18, 2012, at 7:51 AM, Luc Moreau wrote:

> Hi Stian,
> Can we close this issue now?
> Regards,
> Luc
>
> On 04/02/2012 03:58 PM, Luc Moreau wrote:
>> Hi Stian,
>>
>> If you follow [1] below, you will now find our proposed answer to optional arguments.
>> It contains explicit links to prov-dm part 2.
>>
>> I propose to close this issue pending your review.
>> Regards,
>> Luc
>>

>> On 03/30/2012 04:12 PM, Luc Moreau wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Stian,
>>>
>>> I have been thinking about your suggestion on optional arguments.
>>> I looked at all the optional arguments [1] in prov-dm.
>>>
>>> Most of them, I believe, imply  existential quantification.
>>>
>>> It would be nice to have this confirmed, and then we can write it up in part 2.
>>>
>>> Luc
>>>
>>> [1] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/model/optional.html

> --
> Professor Luc Moreau
> Electronics and Computer Science   tel:   +44 23 8059 4487
> University of Southampton          fax:   +44 23 8059 2865
> Southampton SO17 1BJ               email: l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk
> United Kingdom                     http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~lavm

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.