PROV-ISSUE-346 (distinguish-constraints): types of constraints unclear [prov-dm-constraints]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:09:54 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
PROV-ISSUE-346 (distinguish-constraints): types of constraints unclear [prov-dm-constraints]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/346

Raised by: Timothy Lebo
On product: prov-dm-constraints

by 3.1.3 Generation
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/model/releases/ED-prov-dm-20120402/prov-dm-constraints.html#term-Generation

I was already dealing with (and postponing) "interpretations". The document did not explain to me how or when I should read/use them.

Now I'm given an in-place constraint and a structural constraint (for generation).

The only time these were distinguished was in Section 1, which gave a somewhat reasonable summary AS LONG AS the distinction (and how to use them) is explained further down. By this section 3.1.3, it hasn't become clear and I'm now confused.

Recommend adding a discussion about the distinction among these in Section 1 - as well as at the beginning of section 3 in some meta-discourse.

This is a BLOCKER for public release of draft, because it leads to too much confusion.