Re: PROV-ISSUE-339 (dgarijo): Domain of "activity" property [Ontology]

From: Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 11:43:23 -0400
To: Provenance Working Group <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Hi, Daniel.

On Apr 9, 2012, at 10:04 AM, Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> PROV-ISSUE-339 (dgarijo): Domain of "activity" property [Ontology]

> Raised by: Daniel Garijo
> On product: Ontology
>
> The domain of "activity" property

^^^ Do you have a URI of this property?

> is currently "ActivityInvolvement". However when we qualify a Responsability we also associate an activity with prov:activity.

No, that is not what prov:activity is for.
We use prov:hadActivity, which needs its domain to be relaxed from just a Derivation to include Responsibility.

> We should relax the domain and allow "AgentInvolvement" as well.

No, that violates the Involvement pattern, which reserves prov:activity to refer to ONLY the object of the reified unqualified triple.
The pattern also says to use the hadX properties to reference ancillary resources in an N-ary relation.

-Tim