Re: Some thoughts about the revised provenance Model document

Hi Graham,

I agree with what Paul and Jim are saying.

Looking back at OPM: artifacts didn't have such a notion of attributes.
It's because
they are snapshots of state, where nothing is supposed to change. On the
other
hand, in PROV, we allow for changes still to happen, but we can only
really talk about
the provenance of entities for which some aspects have been frozen.

So the provenance of an entity only describes the origin of the entity,
for these attributes.
Without attributes, we wouldn't know which entity facet the provenance
relates to.

Cheers,
Luc