Re: Issue 89 - why?

Hi Jim and Graham,

>If we don't distinguish at all, we have a mess - a document and a version
> can't be distinguished if we can't >talk about fixed content and we'd then
> be unable to answer questions about when the document was >created (with the
> first version or only when the text was finalized).

I believe modeling a document d1 versus modeling versions of document d1v1,
d2v2 are two distinct notions. The d1v1 and d2v2 are specialized (maybe
subclass) notions of d1. Also, modeling concepts such as d1v1, d2v2 are not
required by all provenance applications.

>For example, OPMV avoids this whole issue by saying that the things to
which provenance are applied are >static [1].
The OPMV has used the original OPM Artifact definition and hence the OPM
notion of "static" Artifact.

Thanks.

Best,
Satya