Testing the ontology for expressing workflow provenance

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 15:40:16 +0100
To: Satya Sahoo <satya.sahoo@case.edu>
Cc: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 08:29, Stian Soiland-Reyes
<soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> Looks good! I'll come with some more detailed comments and write-up of
> my thoughts as I've quickly done a plugin for exporting Taverna
> provenance according to the ontology.

Please have a look at:

 http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/TavernaProvenance

showing a *real* example of using the ontology from within our Taverna
workflow system. It is looking quite promising, but I also found a few
issues, which is understandable as it's early days still.

> Should I do suggested changes as a feature branch.. or how are we
> using the mercurial repository?

I've started a little branch locally and changed rdfs:comment ->
rdfs:label and updated the properties according to our decisions on
tense and direction. I have however not updated the textual document.
Would you like me to proceed with this, or have you already started? I
guess I should join the Ontology call on Mondays. Could you help me
with the call details?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science