RE: name straw poll

Or Provenance Assertion STandard for PAST?

From: public-prov-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-prov-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Jim McCusker
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 12:02 PM
To: Stian Soiland-Reyes
Cc: Luc Moreau; Provenance Working Group WG
Subject: Re: name straw poll

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:29 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk<mailto:soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>> wrote:
So how about we make these 3 the only contenders, and see what
negative "blockers" we would have if any, before doing a formal vote?

Here are mine:

PIF - reminds me of that Windows thing for running DOS programs. (not blocker!)

PIL - not just a language!

PAST - Good, except the backronym - SchemaTa? "Ta" is something we
casually say for "Thanks" here in UK. Also, too many possible types of
schematas involved, RDFS, OWL, XSD? The model? SQL? I can picture "Are
you using the PAST schema?" confusions.

How about Provenance Assertion STructure or Provenance Assertion SysTem?

Jim
--
Jim McCusker
Programmer Analyst