PROV-ISSUE-133 (YolandaGil): Producing and delivering resources as part of provenance in Provenance Data Model (PROV-DM) Draft [Data Model]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 18:46:57 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org

PROV-ISSUE-133 (YolandaGil): Producing and delivering resources as part of provenance in Provenance Data Model (PROV-DM) Draft [Data Model]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/133

Raised by: Yolanda Gil
On product: Data Model

Section 5.3.3: It says "affected by".  This is an important notion, that is part of the definition of provenance [1] we developed in the XG, which was:

"Provenance of a resource is a record that describes entities and processes involved in producing and delivering or otherwise influencing that resource."

I think this issue of how delivering or manipulating a resource can be part of the provenance should be emphasized earlier and in other sections of the document.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/What_Is_Provenance