Re: PROV-ISSUE-104 (time-class): How to relate start/end time to PE, use, generation, etc [Formal Model]

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:50:34 +0100
To: Satya Sahoo <satya.sahoo@case.edu>
Cc: Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl>, Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 02:33, Satya Sahoo <satya.sahoo@case.edu> wrote:
> Hi Stian,
> Sorry for getting to this late.
> As we discussed during our call today, I have added a generic object
> property "hasTemporalValue" linking PE and Entity to the OWL time ontology
> class "TemporalEntity" (may need to be renamed) replacing our prov:Time
> class.
> The specific properties such as wasGeneratedAt, wasStartedAt etc. can be
> defined to be sub-properties of "hasTemporalValue". We can defer adding
> these specific subproperties till we get more feedback from the WG?

I've added them tentatively at

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/tip/ontology/ProvenanceFormalModel.html#startedAt

and

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/ontology/ProvenanceOntology.owl

but not yet updated the diagrams and workflow example. RDF/XML
examples have not been tested for syntax or similar.

I reintroduced prov:Time which I think we can use to say is an
equivalent class to a time:Instant when time:inDateTimeXSD has been
given - but not sure what that would do with "OWL simplicity" etc.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science