Re: PROV-ISSUE-104 (time-class): How to relate start/end time to PE, use, generation, etc [Formal Model]

From: Graham Klyne <graham.klyne@zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:13:20 +0100
To: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
CC: Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl>, Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
> But what is the point of introducing prov:Time and prov:Location
> classes if they have no properties and no relation to anything else in
> the ontology?

So they can be used as placeholder superclasses for generic applications that
process and/or present provenance data without necessarily understanding the
specific application-specific descriptions of time and/or location used?

For example, a generic application could display rdfs:label/rdfs:description
values associated with a generic time/location class without knowing how to
process the specific associated values.

#g