Re: Weekly Connection Task Force Call - each Monday

From: <runnegar@isoc.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 16:21:30 +0200 (CEST)
To: "Eric Stephan" <ericphb@gmail.com>
Cc: "Kai Eckert" <kai@informatik.uni-mannheim.de>, ehs@pobox.com, "Carl Reed" <creed@opengeospatial.org>, "Yolanda Gil" <gil@isi.edu>, altintas@sdsc.edu, "stephen.cresswell@tso.co.uk" <stephen.cresswell@tso.co.uk>, "Provenance Working Group WG" <public-prov-wg@w3.org>

Dear Eric,

I will not be able to attend this week's call so here is a very brief update regarding some outreach activities:

I promoted the work of the W3C  Provenance WG and its relevance to privacy and identity (e.g. provenance supporting privacy; provenance supporting IdM; privacy considerations for provenance) at the OASIS International Cloud Symposium and Privacy Standards Experts Roundtable (London, 10-13 October 2011).

Additionally, during the open discussion portion of the session on "Copyright Infrastructure for Business Models Online" of the WIPO Seminar: Enabling Creativity in the Digital Environment: Copyright Documentation and Infrastructure (Geneva, 13-14 October 2011), I promoted the work of the W3C Provenance WG and its potential relevance to the digital content industry. This was reinforced in a later session by a presenter on Creative Commons who spoke about the role of "information provenance".

Kind regards,
Christine

Christine RunnegarSenior Policy AdvisorInternet Societywww.InternetSociety.org