First release of the PROV Ontology Model document

From: Satya Sahoo <satya.sahoo@case.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 22:18:55 -0400
To: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Dear all,
The ontology group has completed the first version of the document and would
like the WG members to give us feedback.

The current version has undergone significant re-structuring and editing
over the past two weeks and though there are lot of areas that will continue
to be modified, we have covered the following primary aspects of the PROV
ontology:

1. The ontology and its components with examples - we have tried to include
all the terms currently defined in the PROV-DM but they may change as many
of the terms are still under discussion

2. The specialization of the "core ontology" to create provenance ontologies
for the provenance scenario (described in the PROV-DM document) and a
Taverna workflow example created by Stian

3. As an OWL ontology, the PROV ontology supports a set of inferencing
patterns along with a specific set of constraints described in the PROV-DM
(again some of the constraints are under discussion and may be modified)

The latest version of the PROV ontology document is available at:
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/ontology/ProvenanceFormalModel.html

Best,
Satya