Re: ISSUE-111: Create properties prov:hadLocation and prov:assumedBy

From: Jim McCusker <mccusj@rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 12:05:34 -0600
To: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
I'm not 100% sure that we need the prov:wasAssumedBy property. Assumption of
a Role is only one kind of contextualization that can occur in a provenance
document. AliceAsAuthor (with type Author) is simply a contextualization of
Alice. The rest of these are done using complementOf. I think that we should
explicitly say that role assignment is an intended use of complementOf, but
having a separate property is redundant, especially if we are trying to make
a consistent representation that requires minimal inference to understand.

Jim
--
Jim McCusker
Programmer Analyst