Re: PROV-ISSUE-153 (complementarity): Complementarity description differs from model definition [Primer]

Paolo,

On 23/11/2011 08:24, Paolo Missier wrote:
> Graham, Jim
>
> -1 for the use of the term "contextualized".
> You are using "context" to denote inclusion amongst the set of attributes that
> characterise two entities. Context has many meanings but it is not a term that
> springs to mind when I see set inclusion (I would be more likely to think of
> "restriction").

"restricts" maybe could work for me.

> -1 for using "contextualized" as the basis for "complementarity".
> as Graham points out:
>
> A1 \subset B and A1 \subset B does not imply that A1 and A2 are not disjoint.

Out of interest, do you have a use-case for which complementarity depends on
there being an actual overlap of attributes, as opposed to both being
contextualizations of some common thing?

(Arguably, in an open-world environment such as the web, the fact that two
entities contextualize some common other entity suggests very strongly that
there does exist some attribute that is common, even if it has not been explicated.)