Re: PROV-ISSUE-101 (Conceptual Model): Section 5.2.2 ProcessExecution (conceptual model document review) [Conceptual Model]

I am troubled by the presence of these underlying "events" in the DM.

Why are they not simply "time instants"?

I think it would be fair to consider a ProcessExecution an Event, in which case a proper interval Event is delimited by two time instant Events -- THREE events to describe one?

It seems that "events" in DM exist only to delimit ProcessExecutions and the characterization intervals with singular moments in time.

If we keep "events" - could there be a description somewhere about why they are called that?
I might see an argument that, if a characterization interval ends, SOMETHING would needed to have happened to end it.

Thanks,
Tim