Re: PROV-O telcon

Thanks Tim and Team for the hard work over the WE.

I won't be able to join the call today, but I think my technical
concerns are now addressed by your proposal.

A few questions comments:
1.  There is an outstanding issue (raised by Paul) that we should be able
    to have time associated with derivation. If adopted, this may require
    a derivation qualifier. Would your approach still work? In this
case, which
    is the prov:entity?

2. You have introduced a qualifier in participation, there is none in
prov-dm.
    Why is it required here, since it seems to just link entity and pe.
(no time here, for instance)
    Should it be introduced in prov-dm? What else do we want to have?

3. It's the same for revision, there is no qualifier in prov-dm.
     But here, the Revision qualifier you introduce is of different
nature, it is there
     to capture a ternary relation between entities (while before, it
was binary relation between
     pe/entity, with a hook for "extra stuff").

4. I understand why Generation "points to the future", but it makes it
the odd one.
     It also seems that you can't write provenance "linearly" from
future to past.
     Are you satisfied with this?

5. prov-dm introduces a relation "precedes" between events to give some
interpretation to the data model.
     Potentially, it becomes possible to express it in the ontology. I
am not suggesting that it should be encoded in the core
     ontology!

6. It would be good to write that unqualified involvement is "unprecise".
     When we assert used(pe,e),
     it could be because of QualifiedUse(pe,e,t1,role=r1)  and
QualifiedUse(pe,e,t2,role=r2).
     So, used(pe,e) gives a *lower bound* on the number of actual uses.

7. Your picture (which BTW, I like very much, and we could adopt in
prov-dm!) has a Use and a Usage.
     BTW, what is it you crossed out? can you explain?

8. I like the fact you use nouns for properties of qualified involvement.
     There seems to be an exception, which is hadQuotee/hadQuoter (which
is in the picture but not described below).

9. On the choice of term: "Involvement". Is this appropriate to use this
term in the case of revision and quotation
     (BTW, there was a suggestion that complementOf could indicate time
intervals, so the same technique coudl be used here),
     where there doesn't seem to be a
     process execution at all. You seem to have introduced "Qualified
Relations" really.

That's it for now,
Thanks again for your work!

Cheers,