RE: PROV-ISSUE-142 (Tlebo): Can roles only be Literals? [Data Model]

Does this imply that all qualifiers must be typed literals?

--Stephan

-----Original Message-----
From: Luc Moreau [mailto:L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk]
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2011 10:00 AM
To: Jim McCusker
Cc: Provenance Working Group WG
Subject: Re: PROV-ISSUE-142 (Tlebo): Can roles only be Literals? [Data
Model]

Hi Jim,

It is intentionally that we use typed literals here, and not identifiers.

If we allow identifiers, then in effect we would have introduced a new
relation;  it would be better defined as prov-dm relation, rather than
hidden in a qualifier.

What's wrong with "the role of president"  here?

Luc

Tracker"<sysbot+tracker@w3.org>  wrote:

> [...]
Literal."

semantic web applications, since literals cannot be described or served as
linked data, and thus consumers will be unable to determine more information
about what the role means.