Re: PROV-ISSUE-1 (define-resource): Definition for concept 'Resource' [Provenance Terminology]

Hi Luc,

Some comments to your example inline ...

> The challenge is to deal with dynamic contents.

First of all, I think it might make sense to add some time information
in your examples, which is exactly what I did below.

> Illustration inspired by the example.
>
> - government (gov) converts data (d1) to RDF file (f1) at time (t1)
> using xlst transform
> - government (gov) uploads RDF data (f1) into a triple store, exposed
> as  Web resource (r1)
> - analyst (alice) downloads a turtle serialization (lcp1) of the
> resource (r1) from government portal
>
> Illustrations:
> - r1: is a resource: it's the triple store, its a container, its content
> can vary over time

Is r1 a resource or a resource state? IMO, r1 accessed by gov at time t1
should be a different resource state from that r1 accessed by alice at
time t2.

> - lcp1: is a r-text (turtle serialization) of a given snapshot (created
> by, or available at the time of, download)

That even convinced me more that r1 is a resource snapshot.

> - f1 is a local file: it can be seen as a stateless anonymous resource,
> with a single r-text.

If f1 is a file, then it is a representation of a resource, not a
resource any more, right?

> If in addition:
> - analyst (alice) downloads a rdf/xml serialization (lcp2) of the
> resource (r1)
>
> If the content of r1 has not changed, then lcp2 and lcp1 are both
> r-texts of a same r-snapshot.

Again, what is r-snapshot here now? And lcp2 and lcp1 shouldn't be
r-texts of the /*same*/ r-snapshot, because they were retrieved at
different time stamp, right?

cheers,

Jun