Re: PROV-ISSUE-1 (define-resource): Definition for concept 'Resource' [Provenance Terminology]

Hi Jun, all:

I don't think we are restricted by our charter to describing provenance
of only web objects. I think it would be a shame if we couldn't describe
the provenance of objects in the physical world.

Personally, I think the term "resource" has a particular meaning within
the Web Architecture (as graham put up on the wiki) and it would be nice
to use that term with the same meaning.

Maybe we need another concept of something that is more general than a
resource?

But then I wonder what, if anything, *might* not be identifiable by a URI?

In general, we need a pointing mechanism to be able to talk about the
provenance of something.  I don't think the web architecture definition
precludes the use of some other pointing mechanism than URIs but it does
skew it towards that approach.

Thoughts?

cheers,
Paul