Re: Kickstarting the Provenance Access and Query Task Force

Hi,

I think it is a good idea to start from the work done by the incubator
rather than starting from scratch.
So, I agree with Olaf's idea.

In the case that this is accepted by other members, I would like to draw
the attention to the following point.
The focus in Section 6 [1] seems to be on how the representation of a
web resource obtained via HTTP can be enriched with provenance
information about that resource.
While useful, I was wondering whether other kind of queries, that are
about provenance, could be supported, or whether they are outside the
scope of the PAQ TF.
An example query could be, "did resource r1 contribute to the content of
resource r2?"

Thanks, khalid

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/XGR-prov/