Re: concept illustrations for the data journalism example

On 12/05/11 09:16, Paul Groth wrote:

>> 3.) Processing step 7 says "government (gov) publishes an update (d2) of
>> data (d1) as a new Web resource (r2)". That's inconsistent with
>> processing
>> steps 1 and 3 where gov publishes a Web resource r1 with RDF data f1
>> generated from d1. Question: Was it the intention that gov now publishes
>> d2 directly; wouldn't it be more consistent if gov were publishing RDF
>> data f2 which was obtained from d2?
> Yes, I think this is an error. The government was supposed to follow
> the same steps in both cases just for consistency.

Again, provenance is not supposed to always describe all the steps.  The
presentation
was a bit shortened (probably due to the laziness of the authors ;-),
but is still acceptable
provenance.  The detailed version makes explicit the succession d2  f2  r2

Luc