Re: definition of derivation?

Hi Satya,

I would not replace, but add it to the definition:

Derivation represents how stuff is transformed from, created from, or
affected by other stuff. A thing B is derived from a thing A if the
values of some invariant properties of B are at least partially
determined by the values of some invariant properties of A.

Luc