Re: prov-issue-11: what is version?

OK, but I think that defining it generally even in a profile may go
too far. Given that "version" means quite different things in
different application contexts, as I think you capture by the notion
of typed process executions in your definition, is there a value in
defining it generally at all? I could imagine it may be defined in
various ways in a few different domain-specific profiles, and there
could be a mappings from the PIL model to version in DC and elsewhere
etc., but defining it as part of the model seems to help no-one while
adding to the complexity. This differs from time, where though it has
different conceptions in different domains, I could imagine a default
conception defined in a profile would be useful for applying the model
to common kinds of web resource.

Thanks,
Simon