Re: PROV-ISSUE-4: Defining Agent using FOAF's definition

Hi all,

To answer Luc's question I originally intended to say that I thought an agent can be defined independently of process execution and I agreed that an agent should be a node whose relationship to a process execution should be defined by a control/participation/influence(?) edge.

As I thought about it a bit more I began to wonder if agent was better described as a role (active participant) a thing takes in the context of some specific action (in this case a process execution).  An agent is definitely a thing, but is that thing always an agent?  Or is it an agent within the context/scope of the act it has participated in?

A thing assumes the role of agent when actively participating in a process execution?

I think I am leaning towards making 'agent' status of a thing dependent upon active participation in a process execution.

--Stephan