Re: PROV-ISSUE-4: Defining Agent using FOAF's definition

From: Satya Sahoo <satya.sahoo@case.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:33:39 -0400
To: Stephan Zednik <zednis@rpi.edu>
Cc: Paul Groth <pgroth@gmail.com>, "public-prov-wg@w3.org" <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Hi Paul and Stephan,
In both your definitions, what criteria distinguishes an "agent" from a
"process" - in terms of "do stuff"/"active role or produces a specified
effect"?

Reviewing the candidate definitions of Agents, I see that Jun's, Khalid's
and my definitions use an explicit reference to a process (execution).

What do you think?

Thanks.

Best,
Satya