Re: Definitions and provenance and invariance

I can (*), but I'm not sure it helps our main goals.

(*) to me, it implies some feature that is fundamental to "identifying" (**):
defining what makes en entity what it is, and what distinguishes it from other
entities.  The colour of my eyes is not, in my view, such a feature.

(**)

(a) "to recognize or establish as being a particular person or thing"
-- http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/identify

(b) "establish or indicate who or what (someone or something) is"
-- http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/identify