Re: smaller example

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 19:30, Myers, Jim <MYERSJ4@rpi.edu> wrote:

> For A and B, both of which are "things", B is an  IVP of A iff
> * A and B represent the same entity/part of the real world at some
> instant in time (the set of properties they share must have identical
> values at that instant), and
> * there is/are mutable property(ies) of A that is/are correspond to
> immutable property(ies) of B (i.e. ones that are integral to B's
> identity)

This sounds like a very reasonable definition. So an IVP B of A simply
means that A's immutable properties is a subset of B's immutable
properties - A is a "freer version" of B. I guess standard database
theory with candidate vs primary key applies.

Now we just need a better name!

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science