Re: PROV-ISSUE-8: defining generation in terms of `IVPT of'

Luc Moreau wrote:
> Jim
> A key difference between your definition and mine is that for me the generation relationship is between an ipvt and a process, for you it's between a thing and a process.
>
> Khalid's new derivation is also between ipvts.
>
> I thought last week's agreement Was that we were focusing on ipvts, which give us the kind of invariance we need for provenance.
>
> How do we reconcile this apparent disagreement?

Adapting my earlier response:

By understanding (implicitly?) that a thing might be an IVPT of some other
thing.  Thus, we use the notion of IPVT in the explanations, but the definitions
still apply to things.

To the extent that I properly understand them, I find Jim's explanations are
capturing the same issues that I'm trying to express.