Re: PROV-ISSUE-19: is this observable or not observable?

yes, I guess so, in the sense of events -> state transitions.
Not sure this captures everything though:  "Alice  forwarding an online post." is an observable event, but does it map to a state
change? in a natural way? or does that view force you to think of the world in terms of state machines :-)

Cheers, -Paolo