Re: PROV-ISSUE-19: terminology for 'Invariant View or Perspective on a Thing'

I don't strongly mind "snapshot", but doesn't it sort of imply
something at an instant of time (as taken with camera)? We may have an
invariant view on a thing as it exists over a very long time, so
implying we refer to an instant might be confusing.

Though I don't have a better suggestion off the top of my head, but
will think more.

Thanks,
Simon

On 7 June 2011 17:06, Jun Zhao <jun.zhao@zoo.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 07/06/11 08:28, Olaf Hartig wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I like "snapshot" as well.
>
> +1
>
> Jun
>

>> Olaf
>>

>> On Tuesday 07 June 2011 09:18:42 Paul Groth wrote:
>>> Personally, I like the term "snapshot".
>>>
>>> It has a nice common sense interpretation and also has a nice link to
>>> database.
>>>
>>> Paul

Dr Simon Miles
Lecturer, Department of Informatics