Re: PROV-ISSUE-2 (define-process-execution): Definition for Concept 'Process execution' [Provenance Terminology]

I am a bit confused by Satya's definition of process and process execution:

- Process is an entity that occurs over a period of time
- Process execution is a specific characteristic (perhaps instantiation)
of a process.

And following on this, Paolo proposed "process" to become "process
definition".

Paolo,

Do you have the same meaning for process definition as Satya with his
"process"?

You also say that:

"a *process* is an instance of a process specification (or action
specification if you prefer)"

Do you actually mean a "process execution" is an instance of ....?

cheers,

-- Jun