Re: PROV-ISSUE-8 (define-generation): Definition for Concept 'Generation' [Provenance Terminology]

Daniel,

I was assuming that such properties (like time of generation) would be
associated with some level of process or process execution, but maybe I
misunderstand the intent.  I think it's sometimes hard trying to define things
in isolation - and maybe we see things fitting together in different ways.

When I looked at both OPM and PML, I thought there was a core of ideas common to
both that included "resources", "processes", "provenance" and some fundamental
ways in which they are related.  I think it's this core of inescapable notions
and their relationships that's maybe more interesting than their individual
definitions.