RE: PROV-ISSUE-3 (define-recipe-link): Definition for Concept 'Recipe link' [Provenance Terminology]

From: Myers, Jim <MYERSJ4@rpi.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 13:24:40 -0400
To: Satya Sahoo <satya.sahoo@case.edu>, Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Satya,

I think you have it right that we were all trying to distinguish between
the abstract definition and an execution/instance of that defined
process, but I'm not sure I understand 'merging' them. Do you mean
relating them via a process concept (a'fourier transform' process with a
recipe link to some Fortran code and a process execution of that
transform on a particular piece of data? ). If so, perhaps 'recipe link'
is really just 'process link'? Or do we really need to separate process
definition from process formally?

Jim