Re: PROV-ISSUE-8 (define-generation): Definition for Concept 'Generation' [Provenance Terminology]

Hi Daniel,

On 01/06/2011 16:36, Daniel Garijo wrote:
> Hi Jun, all.
> I think that it refers to the generation provenance that you talk about in
> the last lines of your definition. Having "generation" as a concept would
> allow to add more metadata about when was a resource/resource state/resource state representation
> generated, where, etc.
>
> If we treat the generation as a property, we will have to add more properties
> to describe the generation of the resource (like wasGeneratedAtTime, wasGeneratedAtPlace, etc).

That's an interesting thought. But note that in my definition of
generation I refer it as a relationship between a resource and a process
execution. Maybe you would like to propose a broader definition of
generation on the wiki page?

cheers,

Jun