Re: PROV-ISSUE-7 (define-derivation): Definition for Concept 'Derivation' [Provenance Terminology]

Hi Luc,
why can't c2s2 and c2s3 be two different resource states and also have a
URI?
I think that a resource state representation should have a way (URI) to
identify it,
in order to be able to assert provenance about it. It could be seen as a
subclass of
resource.
In the example, if c2s2 and c2s3 share the same URI, I wouldn't be able to
assert
when were they created. Or I would have 2 different creation dates and no
way of knowing
which would belong to the resource state representations.

However, I have to recognize that creating a URI for each resource state may
be overwhelming
for any provenance publisher. If we pretend that people use our
model/guidelines, we should
adopt solutions like the one proposed by Graham (duri), imo.

Best,
Daniel