  From: runnegar@isoc.org
  To: Carl Reed
  Cc: public-prov-wg@w3.org
  Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:23 AM
  Subject: Re: W3C Privacy Interest Group

  Dear Carl,

  Thank you for the pointers to the IETF GeoPRIV Working Group and OMA.

  As I understand it, the W3C Privacy Interest Group has not been formed as yet.

  There is also a current proposal for a W3C Tracking Protection Working Group (see draft charter at http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/charter-draft).

  Briefly, the IETF, IAB, W3C, ISOC, the Kantara Initiative, OASIS and others are working in the area of online privacy, sometimes on separate projects and sometimes on collaborative projects. For example, in December 2010, the IAB, W3C, ISOC and MIT jointly sponsored an Internet Privacy Workshop entitled: How can Technology help to improve Privacy on the Internet?

  (Link to information regarding the workshop on the IAB website:

  http://www.iab.org/activities/workshops/internet-privacy-workshop-2010).

  If you or anyone else in the Prov WG would be interested in learning more about various privacy activities being undertaken by the Internet technical community, I could put you in touch with the relevant people and/or provide a brief overview in one of our calls.

  Regards,

  Christine