Re: PROV-ISSUE-49 (Participation): Suggested definition for Participation [Conceptual Model]

I would argue against Participation as a parent property of
isGeneratedBy.  I do not think that being the result of a process
execution entails participation.  Does a cake participate in getting
baked?  Does 'book now owned by person b' participate in getting sold
from person A to person B?

For that matter, I am not sure I am happy with Participation as a parent
property of isUsedBy.  When I think of participation I think of agents.
Agents participate, non-agents get used.  If a thing with no agency is
acted upon in a process execution, is it participating?

I would agree that Participation is a parent property to
isControlledBy.  It would seem logical to argue that an agent that
controls a process execution, participates in the process execution.

--Stephan