PROV-ISSUE-50 (Ordering of Process): Defintion for Ordering of Process [Conceptual Model]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 01:51:12 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org

PROV-ISSUE-50 (Ordering of Process): Defintion for Ordering of Process [Conceptual Model]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/50

Raised by: Satya Sahoo
On product: Conceptual Model

I am not sure where did we get the currently listed definition of "Ordering of Process" - it is neither listed in the original provenance concept page [1] nor in the consolidated concepts page [2].

I had proposed the following definition:
"Ordering of processes execution (in provenance) needs to be modeled as a property linking process entities in specific order along a particular dimension (temporal or control flow)"

[1]http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ConceptOrderingOfProcesses
[2] http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ConsolidatedConcepts#Ordering_of_process_execution