Re: PROV-ISSUE-45: isDerivedFrom and IVPof are transitive. [Conceptual Model]

From: Paolo Missier <Paolo.Missier@ncl.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:29:32 +0100
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
Khalid

I don't think we have ever agreed on that, but I should really check the voting history. The latest definition of IVP-of (or
complement-of) is sufficiently precise (i.e., algorithmic) that transitivity follows, but derivation is purely asserted and as such
there is no ground to say that it is transitive -- unless we say axiomatically that it should be.

-Paolo