Re: PROV-ISSUE-42 (derivation-agent): Derivation should specifically mention agent in its definition [Conceptual Model]

Hi Luc,

looking at the definition of Derivation it says:

"Derivation expresses that some characterized entity is transformed
from, created from, or affected by another characterized entity."

I think I'm thinking of the "created from" part of the definition in my
example. I want to say explicitly that David (e0) created an
article(e1).  Notationally: isCreatedFrom(e1, e0)

I think this is compatible with the definition as it stands but not
compatible with the inference rule you propose. It would seem bizzare to
say that a process used a person in this example...

Could you explain how that should be represented using the concepts we
have?

Several of the shortcuts I think we need rely on making simple
statements about agents and their relationship to an entity. I thought
the best approach was to create  specializations of isDerivedFrom but
maybe that's not the best approach and it would be good to understand
that better.

Thanks,
Paul

--