PROV-ISSUE-46 (where-is-D-in-provenance): Where do I find document D in provenance [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 08:52:08 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org

PROV-ISSUE-46 (where-is-D-in-provenance): Where do I find document D in provenance [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/46

Raised by: Luc Moreau
On product: Accessing and Querying Provenance

I don't understand how the proposal allows us to address http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ProvenanceAccessScenario.

Specifically, I consider a document (cf concrete example) obtained by USB stick (no in band metadata).

Using 3.2, I can find a <link/> element in the html header. This gives me a provenance-uri.

I can download the provenance using an HTTP GET.

I obtain a set of assertions.  Where do I find the document in this set? More precisely, where do I find a BOB assertion representing the document?

I believe I need an identifier, which should have also been passed in the html document: BOB-Identifier.