Re: PROV-ISSUE-203: Proposal to amend definition and usage of Plan in PROV-DM [prov-dm]

Hi Stephan,

It seems that your proposal can be captured by allowing a plan to be
specified
in an activity association record.  If multiple plans need to be
specified, fine,
we can assert multiple such records.

Question: should we allow assertions for a plan but no agent?

Here is the proposed modification:

An activity association record, written
wasAssociatedWith(id,a,ag2,pl,attrs) in PROV-ASN, has the following
constituents:

An *activity association record*, written
wasAssociatedWith(id,a,ag2,pl,attrs) in PROV-ASN, has the following
constituents:

    *

      /id/: an /optional/ identifier id identifying the activity
      association record;

    *

      /activity/: an identifier a for an activity record;

    *

      /agent/: an identifier ag2 for an agent record, which represents
      the agent associated with the activity;

    *

      /plan/: an /optional/ identifier pl for an entity record, which
      represents a plan adopted by the agent in the context of this
      activity;

    *

      /attributes/: an /optional/ set of attribute-value pairs
      attrs that describe the modalities of association of this activity
      with this agent.

Cheers,
Luc