From: Jim McCusker
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:46 AM
To: Myers, Jim
Cc: public-prov-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: Proposals to vote on related to 'event': deadline Dec 14th midnight GMT

I agree with Jim Meyers.

1: +1
2: +1
3: Use 'milestone' to replace event, see Jim's justifications.

Jim McCusker

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Myers, Jim <MYERSJ4@rpi.edu> wrote:

  +1 for 1

  +1 for 2

  Suggest ‘milestone’ to replace event – I think one challenge we have with the current nomenclature (activities and events) and action is that we’re choosing synonyms for process instance which is making us think that we have two type of process instances that we’re documenting in the provenance. I think the case is really that we have one type of process instance (activity) and some ‘artificial’ boundaries within those activities (not another set of shorter activities we need to find a name for). “Milestone” has that sense of being an artificial boundary – a line that is crossed – rather than a really short/instantaneous happening, and so might be a useful alternative.

    Jim