Re: SPARQL endpoint discovery - two suggestions

From: Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 16:50:01 -0500
Cc: W3C provenance WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
To: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
> 2b in RDF
> An RDF resource may refer to its own provenance SPARQL endpoint; e.g.
>  ex:someEntity prov:hasProvenance
>    [ void:sparqlEndpoint <http://example.info/provenance/sparql/> ]
> Here, a blank node is introduced to denote the full provenance triple set.  An explicit URI could be used.

I think here we want to point to a GraphContainer, i.e. a GRAPH in a SPARQL endpoint.

I'm now not sure if sd:NamedGraph is a Graph (in the RDF Abstract Graph sense) or a GraphContainer (in the INSERT INTO GRAPH sense).

This is the source of the problem that I try to treat in the URLs I just sent you.

p.s. repeated here for archiving:

Listed so that most recent is first:

is a slightly "from scratch" perspective on the problem of "getting at" a named graph hidden behind a SPARQL service.

wrestles with the different meanings of "named graph" - one of which is the RDF 1.1 WG's GraphContainer (that currently doesn't have a standard way to identify)

offers a technique to awww:identify the named graph within the context of a SPARQL service