Re: PROV-ISSUE-152 (QualifiedInvolvement): will the QualifiedInvolvement approach work for other relations? [Ontology]

Luc,

I am in favor of your proposal to apply QualifiedInvolvements to a broader range of involvements, e.g. Activity-Activity.

In this case, the current definition of "QualifiedInvolvement" would be renamed to "QualifiedEntityInvolvement", the latter would become a subclass of a "new" QualifiedInvolvement, and a new QualifiedActivityInvolvement would become a subclass of QualfiedInvolvement.

Please see the changes to the PROV-O components listed in http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/rev/7779ea84024f

(apologies that the omnigraffle file was included on that commit. Please ignore it)

In particular, see

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/7779ea84024f/ontology/components/QualifiedInvolvement.ttl
for the ontology changes

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/7779ea84024f/ontology/components/Start.ttl
for the first "Activity-based" qualified involvement subclass.

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/7779ea84024f/ontology/components/wasStartedBy/prov-dm-wasStartedBy.ttl
for the DM mapping of wasStartedBy(a2,a1) to PROV-O

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/7779ea84024f/ontology/components/wasStartedBy/prov-dm-constraint-wasStartedBy.ttl
for the DM constraint mapped to PROV-O.

Regards,
Tim