Re: Examoples in primer

Khalid, Paolo, Graham,

Thanks for the comments.

A "fully-fledged" example all in one section sounds a good idea (and
you'll notice Section 3 is called Worked Examples in plural with
something like this in mind). I agree with Graham that it is good to
have a concise summary of concepts. I would also not want the primer
centred entirely on an example. We could possibly reduce the size of
the intro/intuition section so that the example appears sooner.

On Khalid's other comments:

The derivation relation probably could be introduced earlier, and I
agree that it is important. This should be easier to achieve given the
recent changes on derivation in the DM.

Regardless of whether all entities are generated by activities (I
think they are, and I think Jim Myers argued that it is this that
characterized them), I think this is the easiest explanation of
generation in the (non-normative) primer. But if you disagree, could
you be more specific in your concerns?

Thanks,
Simon

--
Dr Simon Miles
Lecturer, Department of Informatics

Modelling the Provenance of Data in Autonomous Systems:
http://eprints.dcs.kcl.ac.uk/1264/