Re: PROV-ISSUE-66 (is-execution-a-bob): Why is process execution not defined as a characterised entity? [Conceptual Model]

Hi Luc,

I think something still needs to be fixed, but maybe it's in the best
practices rather than the conceptual model document, so I'm not sure
whether to re-open the issue.

To clarify and answer a point you put before your break (sorry I
didn't get a chance to reply earlier):

> Why not simply: BOB owl:isDisjointWith ProcessExecution?

That would not solve the original issue, as it would only make the
formal model consistent with the intent of the conceptual model, but
inconsistent with what it actually says.

To illustrate: Alice is trying to work out how to apply the model to
her application, which is the File Scenario described in the document.
She first says, how should I model file e1? The definition of Entity
in the model fits - it is identifiable and it has some
characteristics. Therefore, I should model it as an Entity. Next she
says, how should I model the UNIX cat process by which I appended text
to e1? Well it is also identifiable and has characteristics, therefore
it must be an Entity too.

Thanks,
Simon

--