Re: updates to PAQ doc for discussion

Paul Groth wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Ok - if this is the point of view of the model then that certainly makes the PAQ easier to define.
>
> I still think there's a case for allowing a target-uri to be specified when you don't want to put the URL of the resource in the provenance. For example, many sites have long urls for implementation purposes but may want to describe provenance in terms of a "better" URL e.g. A permalink.

Paul,

I think this specific point is spurious as far as provenance is concerned.

If you *really* want to use a different URI in the provenance because the
original is cumbersome, then (in RDF) you might just use owl:sameAs or something
like.  I'm not sure this is a case for the provenance model or access protocol
to deal with specifically.

I think other reasons discussed for introducing a target/context URI are more
compelling.  Specifically, the requirement to be able to process provenance
information for HTML on a memory stick - i.e. to indicate what is the URI of the
Entity in the absence of other information.

cf. http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/46