Re: updates to PAQ doc for discussion

Hi Jim, Khalid:

In the model, provenance is described with respect to pil:Entities. In
the PAQ document, we describe access primarily with respect to the Web
Architecture. It may be the case that the resource (e.g. a web page) is
a pil:Entity. If so, then the access approach says go ahead and use the
url of that resource to find the provenance of it within an identified
set of provenance information.

However, it may be the case that the resource is not a pil:Entity. In
that case, we provide a mechanism (Target-URIs) that let you associate
the resource to a pil:Entity (the target) such that you can identify a
characterization of the resource and thus find it in some provenance
provenance information.

This approach also lets you have multiple pil:Entities associated with a
particular resource.

We are just rying to find a simple way to let the accessor know when
they get some provenance information what they should be looking for
within that provenance information.

Now, if one says that every resource is  a pil:Entity, we may not need
this. Is that what you're saying? and can you explain how this is the case?

I hope this clarifies what we are trying to enable.

Paul

--
Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/