Re: PROV-ISSUE-66 (is-execution-a-bob): Why is process execution not defined as a characterised entity? [Conceptual Model]

Hi Jim,
> I would not consider use and generation to fit the term participation –
they are 1-way terms whereas participation implies (to me) some
back-and-forth interaction
I was interpreting participation as a 1-way term (irreflexive?), since an
agent may participate in a process, but the process does not participate in
agent?

Maybe for the interaction property, we should define "interactsWith"
property?

>  something vague like affectedBy seems like the parent idea.
We can interpret this to be 1-way also, for example A isAffectedBy B, but B
is not affectedBy A?

>  I do see participates being consistent both with things that are the
‘substrate’ of a PE and agents/control – both have that interaction flavor.
But again – the key thing is to have something distinct from use and
generation in the model. Having a superclass for all of them sounds fine if
we see the need/use case – probably a useful convenience anyway for
querying.
I agree, should we consider interactsWith property as a potential candidate?

Thanks.

Best,
Satya